Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Copycat


A while ago I read this post over at "the habit of being" and couldn't get the idea of this list out of my head. How great wouldn't it be to have a long list of things you want to do for yourself or others to tick off over the course of a year? Fun things, things that will help your personal growth, things you've always wanted to do but have been putting off and so on and so forth. So, here goes, here's my 33 before 33:

1. Find a reason to crack open the expensive bottle of champagne we have had at home for way too long.
2. Step out of my comfort zone when it comes to clothes & accessories
3. Go to one last concert with my bro (my concert buddy) before he leaves the country
4. Enjoy a quiet morning alone with my cuppa and other morning indulgences
5. Go crab-hunting with my boy
5. Take Sebastián to Iceland
6. Go completely organic on the beauty products front
7. Grow potatoes on my balcony
8. Find my abs again (where did you goooo?)
9. Knit a cardigan for myself
10. Have a pedicure
11. Take a knitting class
12. Make sourdough bread from scratch
13. Buy myself a new jug to replace my favorite one that broke
14. Do my best to make sure my crazies (that is, the kids) know their worth and feel good about themselves. 
15. Get that tattoo I've always wanted (eek! really?!)
16. Send my husband off on a chess tournament somewhere abroad
17. Spend a day at the spa getting pampered
18. Move out of the shoebox
19. Improve my photography skills
20. Paint the hall dresser robins egg blue
21. Go through our storage room and get rid of things we don't need anymore
22. Participate in a run of some sort, 5 km minimum
23. Finish my thesis
24. Get a full-length mirror
25. Send someone a hand-written letter (don't you miss those?)
26. Make dvd's of all the video's we have of the kids and watch them. (Oh boy is this going to make my cry and want to populate the world with my awesome offspring)
27. Go bowling
28. Take the kids to the butterfly house in Stockholm
29. Have a picnic in a meadow
30. Lie on a blanket in the sun with my bare feet on the grass
31. Give an unexpected gift
32. Go for more walks in the woods alone. Pure meditation.
33. Make a campfire with my kids


I'll end this post with a photo from this weekend. The white fluff came back, I really thought we'd seen the last of it. We'll have no more of this now, OK? We're all so very ready for some warm weather and I really want to start getting some of these seedlings out of my kitchen. The kids love them though, Sebastián is following their growth with excitement and Esther wants me to take the pots down for her about ten times a day so she can kiss the seedlings and say hello to them. These kids cuteness is just killing me.









2 comments: