Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The gauge-gods were with me! (but I'm sure I won't get away with it again)

I'm finished! I am so happy with this cardigan, it fits just perfect. I've been having the hardest time taking pictures of my girl in it, I actually had a hard time coaxing her to wear it at all. I always despair just a bit - on the inside -  when my kids initially reject something I've spent so much time on. They usually come around in their own time, I just have to be patient and not force anything on them.

I was so afraid this cardigan was too small (I didn't check gauge as usual), but after a good ole blocking it fit perfectly. It was a very easy project, I will definitely be making more of these! The pattern can be found here.




I'm still on a high from this perfect weekend we had. It was exhausting and wonderful, we only came indoors to eat and sleep. The rest was walks and playing and biking, we biked miles and miles. I went on a solo adventure with my girl, searching for signs of spring, and this is what I found:



Hepatica nobilis, a splash of purple amongst all the brown. A sure sign of spring and a sight for sore eyes!




There is still ice on the lake nearby which we visit many times a week, but the ground is finally free of ice and snow.


Each spring I feel like I am waking up  from a long sleep, all senses coming to life again. I can't wait for what lies ahead.

Joining this weeks Yarn Along.

                       

2 comments:

  1. You should be on a high, the sweater is gorgeous and what a fit!! I love the sweater and of course your sweet willing model :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, i missed this one. your girls sweater is beautiful sylvia! she is a doll too, that long dark hair, gorgeous!

    you will love the book icelandic handknits, it is SO nice, i can't wait to read it through. and yes, you being from iceland, you need it i think! i ordered one of the shawl sets, i hope to get it on the needles soon.

    ReplyDelete